Active Network Monitor is a tool for the day-to-day monitoring of computers in the network. Active Network Monitor runs under Windows NT/2000/XP and allows Systems Administrators to gather information from all the computers (even from the Windows 9x/Me computers) in the network without installing server-side applications on these computers. Active Network Monitor provides the powerful technology of storing and comparing received data. Administrators can make "snapshots" of the systems for future comparison and notation of changes. Active Network Monitor has a flexible plug-in based architecture that allows you to plug in necessary modules on demand. Each module (plug-in) performs a task and displays retrieved information in its own window. Active Network Monitor ships with a predefined, constantly growing list of plug-ins, including plug-ins for monitoring services, devices, installed applications, disks, shared resources, hardware resources (IRQs, I/O, DMA and Memory), users, local groups, global groups and so on.
» version 2.01 - posted on 2004-08-04
- Added new plug-in - Performance Information. It retrieves information about the operating system resources (memory, CPU usage, etc.).
- The Security Patch Analyzer plug-in now reports about the default permissions provide the Everyone group with Full access on the system root folder. The Windows 2000 default permissions could enable an attacker to mount a Trojan horse attack against other users of the same system.
- Minor internal improvements.
END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR Active Network Monitor (ANM):
1. All copyrights to ANM are exclusively owned by SmartLine Inc.
- Active Network Monitor is a registered trademark of SmartLine Inc.
- Anyone may use this software during a trial period of 30 days only, on one computer of a local network, at any single time. Following this trial period of 30 days, if you wish to continue to use ANM then you MUST register.
- A registered user is granted a non-exclusive license to use ANM on one computer at a time, for any legal purpose. The registered ANM software may not be rented nor leased, but may be permanently transferred, if the person receiving it agrees to the terms of this license. If the software is an update, the transfer must include all updates and all previous versions of the ANM software.
- An unregistered, evaluation version of ANM may be freely distributed, provided the distribution package is not modified. No person nor company may charge a fee for the distribution of ANM without written permission from the copyright holder SmartLine Inc.
- To register, you must complete the registration form and send it, with the registration fee, to one of the authorized registration sites.
2. Limited Warranty. SmartLine Inc warrants that for 90 days (the "Warranty Period") from the date the Registration Code is provided to you by SmartLine Inc, the media on which ANM has been provided will be free from defects in materials and workmanship and that ANM will perform substantially in accordance with the Documentation or generally conform to the ANM's specifications published by SmartLine Inc.
- Non-substantial variations of performance from the Documentation do not establish a warranty right. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT APPLY TO UPDATES AS APPLIED TO ANY MODIFIED ANM, WHETHER OR NOT SUCH MODIFICATION IS PERMISSIBLE HEREUNDER, TRIAL AND EVALUATION VERSIONS, UPDATES, PRE-RELEASE, TRYOUT, PRODUCT SAMPLER, OR NOT FOR RESALE (NFR) COPIES OF ANM.
- ANM IS DISTRIBUTED "AS IS". NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND IS EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE AUTHOR OR SMARTLINE INC WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR DATA LOSS, DAMAGES, LOSS OF PROFITS NOR ANY OTHER KIND OF LOSS AS A RESULT OF OR WHILE USING OR MISUSING THIS SOFTWARE.
- SmartLine Inc.'s sole remedy if the media on which ANM is provided is defective shall be at its option: (i) return of the purchase price paid for the license, if any, (ii) replacement of the defective media in which ANM is contained, or (iii) correction of the defects, "bugs" or errors within reasonable period of time. You must return the defective media to SmartLine Inc at your expense with a copy of your receipt.
- ANM is marketed as "try before you buy" - we offer a trial version for potential users. Therefore no refund is possible for programs distributed electronically unless there are special circumstances.
3. You may not use, copy, emulate, clone, rent, lease, sell, modify, decompile, disassemble, otherwise reverse engineer, nor transfer the licensed program, nor any subset of the licensed program, except as provided for in this agreement. Any such unauthorized use shall result in immediate and automatic termination of this license and may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution. All rights not expressly granted here are reserved by SmartLine Inc.
- This Agreement and any dispute relating to ANM or to this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Russian Federation. You agree and consent that jurisdiction and proper venue for all claims, actions and proceedings of any kind relating to SmartLine Inc or the matters in this Agreement shall be exclusively in courts located in Moscow. Installing and using ANM signifies acceptance of these terms and conditions of the license.
- If you do not agree with the terms of this license you must remove ANM files from your storage devices and cease to use the product.